Thursday, August 8, 2013

The beginning of it All



Why Hello there! After much demand by friends, family, and coworkers I have decided to start a "Tell All' Beauty blog. I want to share my knowledge and passion for making people feel beautiful with the world. I have discovered that there are thousands of women everyday who say the words, " I have no idea how to apply makeup, and I cant seem to fix my hair like the pictures I see.." what a terrible way to feel! women are such emotional and insecure creatures anyways! there is no reason why every women shouldn't feel super confident whenever getting ready! Ok, so now that my mission statement seems clear... a little about me:
    • I am a freelance, on site hair designer and makeup artist. I get paid to play with makeup and hair products all day, everyday. I am living the dream! I specialize in special event hair and makeup (weddings, pageants etc.)
    • I am a regional makeup artist for Estee Lauder, which means they pay me to promote and use their makeup. (not a bad gig if I say so myself) 
    • I have just been picked up to be on the platform makeup artist team for the Alabama region with Lancome cosmetics, very exciting!

I believe that I still have so much to learn, and let me go ahead and say, that if you meet a hairstylist or makeup artist who disagrees with that statement...RUN. they are lying. The beauty industry is constantly evolving and changing, and you have to keep up to stay current and in demand. I am so excited about this adventure! I look forward to teaching people a few things, and learning some in return.

I will post step by step blog posts, along with tutorial "how to" videos. I will also blog about events and private makeup and hair workshops that I perform. there is no better way to see if you want to hire someone for an even than to SEE what a day in the life would be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment