Thursday, August 8, 2013

How to REALLY conceal

Ok so,  one of the most popular questions I get is, "what kind of concealer should I use?" 
the more important question is what you are trying to conceal. This is one of the most popular things that women get WRONG. Different concealers do different things. If you have really dark spots or dark circles, you need to use a concealer with a PINK undertone. It goes back to color theory.You use something with a pink/red undertone first as a "primer" then use a skin colored concealer. 


This lady came to me the other day and said she has tried every concealer and full coverage foundation on the market and cant conceal her dark spots...and they were extremely dark! Between the foundation, camera phone, and lighting you cant tell as well, but you get the idea.


She was looking at the wrong product to cover these spots. Let me show you with a little color theory. We took a red lipstick with a MATTE finish(this is important because you don't want shimmer or sparkle to show under your foundation) and lightly tapped it on her concern areas
It sounds crazy, I know, but it works! There is nothing I like better than to have multiple uses for my products, I like getting my money's worth!! so after you apply the red lipstick, pat on a powder to set the lipstick and remove the moisture. You don't want the red lipstick moving around all over your face. after you have set it with powder, pat on a long wearing skin tone concealer.
and there you have it!
Great coverage!
Disclaimer: if you have a light skintone use a PINK lipstick, if you are more olive, use a deep Orange or Red
this is also a fantastic way to cover up bruises with a deep color to them. I have a lot of women that use this technique because of bruising due to cosmetic surgery.

I hope you enjoy! please comment your thoughts and share with your friends:)



No comments:

Post a Comment