Sunday, September 8, 2013

current DRUGSTORE favs!

ok so, I wish that I could say that everything in drugstores is worthy of using and having credibility, but that is not the case. However, there are some gems that can be found in your neighborhood CVS. These are my current favorites I get at drugstores that as a makeup artist and hairdresser, I use in my professional life...
my current false lash of choice is the ELF natural false lash. You can get these bad boys for a dollar and the look every bit as natural as their ardell $5 counterparts. Each individual pair comes with its own mini tube of CLEAR glue (huge advantage). I have been putting these on all my brides lately and they really hold up!
 The next favorite on my list is ELF lipstain. I mean, fabulous! I put these on brides and pageant girls under their lipstick and they never have to reapply. It also helps to keep the lipstick from having an ugly fade like your lips are a hot chapped mess. these are very lightweight, very pigmented, and very cheap, weighing in at $1.


My job as a special event hairstylist was much harder until I discovered this little gem. This is some of the best dry shampoo I have ever used, and costs about $6. It doesnt leave a funky white residue, and gives a great boost at the root for added volume, and helps hold a tease.

 

This new foundation stick by Mabelline is wonderful! It has an anti shine core to it so you keep a matte finish all day, and it also photographs well, no flashback:) coming in around $10 it gives alot of bang for the buck. It is also great for travel because it is mess free and quick and easy to apply.
 

 
 
This one is probably my favorite drugstore purchase right now. The Urban Decay palletes are so popular right now, and I love and have both of them. Mine are also considered a business investment. Alot of consumers dont want to spend $50 on eyeshadow, so I have a fantastic solution. The NYX Nude on Nude pallete. You get the same amount of eyeshadow, in almost identical shades, along with 10 lip colors for $25! these shadows are a little more chalky than the naked pallete, but that just means you have to do a little more blending, nothing major.

 
 
And last but not least for this week, This fabulous concealer! Age Rewind concealer by Mabelline is so amazing! It is designed to disquise the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It does not settle, but lays smoothly on top of skin and gives great coverage, especially for dark circles. Love!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thats all for now, but I will be doing a once a month drugstore blog to keep you up to date with products that are great, and products you should skip. Enjoy and Share!
xoxo Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment